Sunday 29 June 2014

Marmaduke up date 3



 Hello everyone,

I have been struggling to upload a video onto my blog, that's why we have had a slight delay in my posting, my apologies, I have put it on my face book page for now until I find out why it will not work. Please look me up under MARMADUKE GOODALL.

I have been working extra hard lately with my Mam and Dad lately, we decided to go back to basics and I have been learning what praise is. The reason why we have done this is because we suddenly realised that I have never really had praise from a "two leg" concerning my decision making on every day matters.

What we have been doing to get me to understand when my parents are telling me "good decision" and when my body language is being understood is to are interact whenever I do something with them. They wanted to change my bed so they encouraged me to get up and stretch my legs, then I stood and watched them sort out my bed then they offered it back to me and when I got in it they gave me a truly delicious tripe stick.
I have also been working very hard with my oils with my Mam and Dad and they really are showing me that my parents only ever give me good experiences, I am beginning to believe it is okay to walk toward them and they wont try and touch me.

The more I do simple things and keep an eye on them they react in one of two ways, either by giving me some form of praise or by doing nothing at all. I am starting to test things out and see what happens, like walking out in the garden, they just sit and quietly watch me trying to pretend that they aren't, (the daft sods that they are...)
Now this exploration of mine to the garden might seem little, or trivial to some people but to me it was huge, I haven't done this type of thing before and the thought of leaving my bed (my safe haven) and walking out into a large area was, is quite daunting but I did it and I did it again and again and again. Suddenly I felt shattered, mentally drained and I slept like a log later that day and the whole of the next one too.
I eventually processed what I had done and then a few days later started to explore the living room more, WHILST my Mam and Dad were in it!!!
That video footage will hopefully be on my next blog. 

Thanks or taking the time to read this blog and please pop over to my fb page......


Thanks again for your support and speak to you soon.

Love
Marmaduke.

No comments:

Post a Comment