Friday 13 June 2014

Marmaduke (first day on facebook)

Hello everyone,

I'm a little scared at the thought of doing this facebook thingy... actually I'm a little scared about everything at the minute.

I have been through a bit of weird stuff the last few years and at the beginning some of it in was pretty traumatic then some very kind people took care of me and tried their very best to look after me (I have been a bit of a special case for them and I know I have been a little frustrating at times and for that I would like to apologise) but I know they all loved me and I hope they ALL know that I love them soooo much too.

I am now chilling in a lovely big bed in a warm kitchen with some pretty amazing smells wafting around whilst I slowly get my head around everything that has just happened in the last 48 hours. One thing I am very aware of is that without the kind, caring and compassionate people who have looked after me for the last 3 years I wouldn't be here starting a whole new life up in rainy but very beautiful Northumberland.

My intentions are to keep a diary going on this facebook page about how I am progressing and also to talk to people as I work through my thoughts and memories. I am already starting to put things in place in my head and it is such a nice (but very scary) feeling, one I haven't really experienced before.

I have already started to be offered things that I have never had before, for example this morning I got to choose were I went for my walk and how long it lasted. I chose to go around the back of the garden table and chairs then turn and come back the same way, oh I nearly forgot... I had a toilet stop on the way back!!! Look at me eh...

Well that's enough for now, my paws are getting this thing called writers cramp, what ever that is...

I have enjoyed this so I will come back on soon, I have loads to tell you from the strange long, very long thing they call my lead to the very quiet and ever so polite Labrador that is helping me to relax and feel calm. She is called Macy and she is a stunner by the way.

I would like to end by saying a HUGE HUGE THANK YOU to everyone at Oxfordshire Animal Sanctuary, you are all amazing, Lisa big sloppy kisses and Aaron, a big high five bro... you did really well with me, sorry but I couldn't help but wind you up before I left by hiding in my kennel hehe...
I had a good chuckle on the way down the motorway thinking of the look on your face. You're a top geezer.

PS- Rachel you are my personal guardian angel and I will always be thinking about you. Quite simply without you I wouldn't have met my new family. Love you heaps babes.

SPEAK SOON.
MARMADUKE X

No comments:

Post a Comment